German Chicken Schnitzel
4 butterflied chicken fillets (deskinned)
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1. Begin by tenderizing the butterflied chicken fillet with a meat mallet.
2. Next, season the flour with salt and pepper in a separate bowl. You can add some herbs such as thyme, parsley, onion powder, cayenne pepper and garlic powder for variation (a ½ teaspoon of each will do).
3. Beat the eggs in a separate bowl.
4. Coat the tenderized chicken fillets in the flour then in the egg mixture and place immediately into the breadcrumbs.
5. Heat oil in a pan and fry the schnitzel on both sides until brown and the chicken is cooked through.
6. Alternatively the schnitzel can be baked in an oven for 15-20 minutes at 180°C.